ISBN This book is very detailed and sometimes difficult to read, but it has many, many good ideas for teaching activities. There are thorough explanations of the pronunciation of individual sounds and of suprasegmental features.
It makes a wonderful resource for future use. It includes two CDs of examples and exercises. Based on American English pronunciation.
An older book, but considered a classic. This book is compact and explains concepts reasonably well. The number of example activities is very small. It has a chapter on typical pronunciation problems of particular language groups, but the information does not always seem to be based on a thorough and correct knowledge of the sound systems of those languages. Includes a CD of examples.
- Woodworking Shopnotes 065 - Twin Screw Heavy-Duty Workbench Cutting Diagram!
- Why Should You Practice English Pronunciation?;
- Mr. Shakespeares Bastard.
- Kick the habit: a UN guide to climate neutrality?
Simple, clear explanations about many facets of pronunciation. It has a chapter on typical pronunciation problems of particular language groups, and it does seem to be based on sound linguistic principles.
2. It Assists in Fluency
Includes a CD. A Course Book 3 Consonants. A Course Book 4 Vowels and Glides.
- Living the 80/20 Way: Work Less, Worry Less, Succeed More, Enjoy More.
- English teacher's advanced guide to pronunciation teaching.
- Best Books for Teachers - Teaching Children / Pronunciation books. | ESL Lounge.
- Symmetry of Crystals and Molecules!
- Stop hurting the woman you love : breaking the cycle of abusive behavior;
A Course Book 5 Syllables and Stress. A Course Book 6 Phonotactics. A Course Book Bibliography.
List of Books about Teaching Pronunciation - Teaching Pronunciation Skills
Oftentimes, reading a book in your head makes it easy to skim over certain parts or let your mind wander. Slowing down is key to reading comprehension — especially in a different language. You may be more likely to catch mistakes in pronunciation and be able to correct them! Fluency helps you connect on a deeper level with a language.
- Recommended for?
- English teacher's advanced guide to pronunciation teaching!
- Study No. 14.
- Morphogenesis and Pathogenicity in Fungi;
- North American Pronunciation CD Rom/Book.
This instant understanding can make it easier for you to remember exact pronunciation — and thus better your accent. Furthermore, learning new words can expand your vocabulary.
This expansion of speech will assist in a previous point — fluency! By expanding comprehension, assisting in fluency and increasing vocabulary, reading books out loud should be a daily task for those who feel like they may still be struggling with speaking English.